INSULATION OF PIPE & DUCT WORK XPE/IXPE
The following services shall be insulated:
- Chilled water pipe work.
- Condensate pipe work.
- Hot water pipe work.
- Cold water pipe work.
- Drain pipe work
- Refrigerant lines.
- All cooled or chilled supply air ducts.
- All return air duct works within ceiling voids ducted directly from the room space.
- Return/exhaust air duct work within unconditioned voids, spaces and plant rooms.
1 Closed- cell Cross-Linked Polyolefin Foam insulation XPE/IXPE
Sections to meet the following criteria.
- Temperature Range: -80 ° C + 120 ° C.
- Thermal Conductivity: K Factor ASTM C 518 25 Cº & 35 °C.
0.028 W/mk & 0.034 W/mk
- Water Vapor Transmssion.0.00 Duration 240 hr According to
- Material shall be Polyolefin Foam Insulation.
- Fire Performance. Fire -retardant.
- Density: 32 to 50 kg/mз. BS EN 1602
- Noise Reduction: 35 db (A) to the frequency of 500 Hz, European Standard EN 20140 – 10.
- Spread of flame. 0
- Closed Cell Content: > 90%.
- Tensile Strength. Both direction
- Gas Emission. None
- Weather Resistance. Very good
- Material shall be CFC free.
Adhesives & tapes shall be recommended by the manufacturer.
Duct Work Insulation:
All Duct works in conditioned area shall be insulated with 12mm thick aluminium foil faced Closed Cell Polyolefin Foam insulation. Duct work in unconditioned areas shall be insulated with 25mm thick aluminium foil faced Closed Cell Polyolefin foam Insulation and all duct work exposed to UV attack shall be covered with Cladding.
Chilled Water Pipe work Insulation:
All chilled water pipes in Conditioned areas shall be insulated with 12mm thick Closed Cell Polyolefin foam insulation for pipes upto 3” dia. For pipes above 3” in conditioned area, 25mm thick closed cell rubber insulation shall be used.
Pipes in un-conditioned areas shall be insulated with 25mm thick Closed Cell Polyolefin foam insulation for pipes up to 3” dia and for pipes above 3”, contractor shall use 32mm thick closed cell Polyolefin foam insulation. Here too, closed cell Polyolefin foam insulation exposed to UV attack shall be covered with Cladding.
Refrigerant Pipe Line Insulation:
All refrigerant pipe lines in conditioned areas shall be insulated with 12mm thick Closed Cell Polyolefin foam insulation.
Pipes in unconditioned areas shall be insulated with 25mm thick closed cell Polyolefin foam insulation.
Condensate Drain, Hot water and cold water Pipe Insulation:
\All condensate drain pipes, hot and cold water pipes must be insulated with 12mm thick closed cell Polyolefin foam insulation.
Thickness Calculation Formula
Thickness Calculation Table